Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Tall and Dark, Short and Sweet

I'm a practical romantic if that makes any sense. I don't want phone calls wishing me goodnight or to be inseparable from my boyfriend. I want a guy that has good conversation, good body and good chemistry with me. Those three things are actually incredibly hard to find.

I met two guys with the same name at the same time. I kissed both of them almost exactly a year apart. One is tall with dark hair and green eyes. The other is short with sandy blond hair and brown eyes. The tall one is passionate, opinionated and driven. The short one is sweet, playful and relaxed. They are both incredibly intelligent and were bit by the travel bug like I was. We kissed and left town. They live far away from me and from each other. We've kept in touch and are still friends.

I know that I create expectations that are too high and that often, I over romanticize people and situations. It's just that in the middle of the night when I'm having trouble sleeping, I think about the tall one and the short one and I would take either of them if they lived in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment