Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Lucky Week

I've the absent minded professor syndrome. I think I inherited from my dad.

In one week I left my wallet at a bus stop, forgot my binder in a sushi shop, lost my phone, left my hat and book and eyeliner (?) in my friend's dorm room and finally, dropped my hat on the floor on my professors office and didn't know it.

By the grace of whatever keeps the universe together, every single thing came back to me.

My professor ended up giving the hat to another professor and by doing so, I was able to have a good conversation with both of them about international education opportunities and a few different mentor-ships with the college of forestry faculty.

On top of that, my good Jewish flirt buddy has promised to spend the night before his birthday watching the meteor shower provided that the skies are clear. Side note: He has a meteor shower on his birthday every year. How awesome is that? Mom, why didn't you plan better so that I could have a meteor shower for my birthday?? Seriously.

Basically, Everything has fallen into place and I'm incredibly grateful.

2 comments:

  1. Fairies in the forest keep watch over those
    Whose worldly goods are stolen by crows,
    Returning possessions at a rate of knots
    That put to shame lively Hottentots.

    Fairies in the forest keep watch over boys,
    Ensuring that only known non-goys
    Can ever in their truest hearts confess
    To kissing the maneating lioness.

    Fairies in the forest keep watch at night
    For meteor showers' streaks of gold light.
    If you're ever in the forest you might
    Spy fairies spying you all dressed in white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to introduce myself, I'm that annoying fool who used to leave silly comments on your previous blogs. I found your original Thailand blog in early 2009 while searching Google Blogs for Westerners who were on trips to Asia and Africa (it was a search project to find interesting reading material). I accidentally found this blog a few days ago because Google had an old cache of your Blogger profile that included the link to the blog. I liked reading your Thailand blog, there were very fine qualities in the writing, which are also in evidence here.

    Now, I can't deny that the photos of you on the Thailand blog had a rather positive effect on me. Those pics were just damn hot, so as a typical guy I developed a crush on you. However, from reading your devastating critiques of guys, I can see that I am definitely not your type (in fact you would wipe the floor with me no question). I am terrible at conversation. I may be tall but I have a weak upper body. I live many miles away in Britain. I'm about 10 years older than you. Most crucially of all, I'm not Jewish, I'm Anglo-Celtic. So I am not trying to impress you into liking me. I'll just try to leave interesting comments that I hope are funny (humour is my objective most of the time). You can just ignore me or tell me to buzz off if you are so inclined.

    I wish you all the best for your dating future. And good luck to the guys. They'll sure as heck need it.

    ReplyDelete