Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Craigslist Family

My housemates have become a loosely-connected family. It's wonderful. J and A (they're a couple) are like the parents. J is the dad. He takes out the trash and handles the plumbing, makes awkward jokes and generally teases everyone. A is sweet but with spunk. J makes fun of her but they're adorable together. Then there's Y (the asian grad-student). He's like a dorky older brother. I can poke fun at him but I really respect him. My friends come over to the house and he'll have us rolling on the floor in laughter. Last is C, we're closer to sisters. We each live our own lives but we have some good conversations and an adventure every now and then. It's amusing to me that the whole group found each other on craigslist.

The other day, I decided at 1 am that we should have a hot cocoa party. Y and C joined in and we invited fifteen people over to the house, lit a fire and had different kinds of hot chocolate. I stood in the kitchen over the hot cocoa and smiled at the scene. This is what a family should be like. This is what college should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment