Sunday, January 9, 2011

Restless

I'm getting restless.
Maybe it's because I just got back from Israel. Maybe it's because I'm not interested in any of my classes right now. Maybe it's because I'm hormonal or maybe it's the cold, clear skies. Regardless of the reason, I'm restless and my wanderlust is out of control.

I was just asked to become president of the jewish cultural group on my campus next year. I guess I could do it. I'm opinionated enough to make decisions (half the time). I care about maintaining the jewish heritage. I just recently got back from Israel so I guess I should have a renewed passion for everything.

I think maybe I just miss him. He's awfully cheesy and not the best guy but he's so honest with me. It's almost obscene.

He spent the night before his birthday with me at my house. We mostly just cuddled. I liked having him next to me in my bed. It's a larger bed and I only use up half of it. It feels right to have someone just an arm reach over. I've never felt that before.

I tried to get people to go to the beach with me the other night. Spontaneous roadtrip!! Let's rent a yurt! My friends wouldn't go for it. "In winter? We're sick... That doesn't sound like fun. The roads are icy right now." I decided that my friends are lame. They're wonderful and they care about me but they don't have the same spunk. And they say that I'm not adventurous. Why don't they understand the adventurous means having real adventures and spontaneous roadtrips and crazy spur of the moment urges? Adventurous does not mean taking magical mushrooms in someone's basement and pissing yourself because you're too scared to go to the bathroom or because you're hallucinating that you're melting.

I need new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment