Friday, January 14, 2011

Modern Gypsy Caravan of one

My dream house is roughly 100 sq. ft on wheels. http://www.tumbleweedhouses.com/houses/
It will have a front porch with a rocking chair (or possibly a swing) and potted plants. I'll have solar panels on the roof, a composting toilet and a rainwater collection system.

I'll have only the things I need and nothing more. People won't be able to give me gifts because I won't have any place to put them. I'll have a loft bed above the kitchen and a wet shower above the composting toilet. I've been wondering about the possibility of using the humus from the composting toilet as soil for my potted vegetable garden. Apparently "humanure" (if processed correctly) is safe for use as soil for edible plants. Who knew?

I'm thinking about adding a mifi to it so that I'll have internet wherever I go and then I can take my self-sustaining modern gypsy caravan of one with me wherever I decide to travel withing north america. I have a feeling I'd run into problems trying to drive all the way down to brazil with it behind my zap-truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment