Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Exes....Part 2

I'm having a fling with a Frenchman. He's only in town for five more weeks. I'm only in town for five more weeks. He is handsome. Strong jawline, straight nose, high cheekbones, dimples... the works. This guy could be a model. He's also very bright, driven and all in all wonderful. He's close to perfect. We went out for coffee after grabbing lunch together and we walked into a coffeeshop. He put his arm around me and said "I'm treating you because you paid for tea last time." I told him he was too sweet and kissed his cheek. We stood in line, ordered at the counter and walked around the coffeeshop for a while before deciding to take our coffees outside. As we turned to walk through the door, I realized that sitting by the counter was my ex. The same one that ended it with me because he needed to be more focused on school, because he was still in love with his ex, because he got scared. The same one that ignored me last week at a different coffeeshop. I didn't recognize him because he cut his hair really short. It used to be a mass of curls. Anyway, I felt awful because we were right next to him. He probably thinks I was rubbing it in his face. Honestly, I wasn't! I didn't see him! By the time we left, the damage was done and I couldn't decide whether or not I should have gone back to say hi. So I didn't, and we left. It's eating me up and I just have to move on and realize that there is nothing I can do.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, but what does the Frenchman's wife think of all this?

    ReplyDelete