Friday, October 22, 2010

All of the above

During my weekend, did I...?
a) Dance in a mosh pit and crowd surf
b) Have shabbat dinner with my dad, stepmom and much younger half-siblings.
c) Work
d) Hike
e) Learn about bears
f) Get asked out
g) All of the above

and the answer is.... G) for All of the Above!

Yes, it's true. Life can be a little unexpected at times. Thursday night, I wound up at a flash mob (An impromptu dance party of hundreds of people, planned secretly and lasting only an hour). As I was looking for my friends, three burly guys picked me up and tossed me into the crowd. Suddenly, I was crowd-surfing, entirely against my will.

I was dropped down into the middle of the crowd right in front of students with whom I'd gone to high school. I landed on my knee, scored a massive bruise and hobbled out to the perimeter of the craziness. Next thing I know, a rugby player with a concussion that had a monologue for theater class to prepare had asked me out.

I ended up finding my original group as the flash mob ended. They had taken too long "getting ready." In actuality, they had been drinking. The girls fell all over the place and, when I caught them, cooed "You're so adorable. You're so beautiful. Do you want a lapdance? We gave each other lapdances."

My gay friend kept trying to kiss me and I ended up sitting him down and saying, "I like you but I'm not going to make out with you tonight."

Somehow, I became guardian for an intoxicated boy and as we walked around town, he told me he wanted a girlfriend. I told him I was bad at relationships. He said that everybody was.

After the humans vs. zombie hunt began on campus, we decided to go on an adventure and drove out into the country. We hiked through the woods until we came to a clearing. The clouds parted and for the first time, I realized that it was a full moon. I remember thinking that it explained so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment