Friday, October 15, 2010

Tongue in Cheek

Maybe I need to explain the title of the blog and my pseudonym. It can come off as cocky and overconfident. And obviously, my last post could be taken that way as well. So, yeah. I'm a little too self-secure.

My pseudonym comes from a past relationship. He once told me that I reminded him of a kitten. Now, I am no kitten. In middle school and high school, I'm pretty sure I terrified the kids that had classes with me. I'm opinionated and can be bossy and I'm tall. When I'm thinking, my brows knit together in a perpetual frown. On the other hand, I can be smiley and dance through the hallways. This guy had only seen my smiley side and as a strong feminist advocate, being called a "kitten" was not what I was looking for. So, I bared my proverbial claws, gave a growl and said "I'm a lioness."

The lioness is an interesting animal. Female, she does most of the hunting and although she lacks the intimidating mane, she certainly can hold her ground. They also, like to curl up in the sun and sleep for hours on end. A lioness is more fitting for me than a mere kitten. I'm no housecat.

The point is that in the end, he thought he had tamed me and in reality, I was claustrophobic and needed more space. I'm not to be caged either.

On to the title. Maneater is definitely tongue in cheek. I don't take pleasure in breaking men down. I bore easily or need space or am impulsive. I'm not ready for a real relationship and so, sometimes people get hurt. This blog is largely my writings about dating. It's silly and shallow and I know that, so please bear with me.

Sincerely,

Lioness

No comments:

Post a Comment